New Business

All businesses in town must apply for a CCO with the Construction Department. Please note that Zoning is a prior approval for a commercial CCO.

If any work is being performed on the space to be occupied, two sets of signed, sealed architectural plans must be submitted along with the permit jacket, building, electrical, plumbing and fire subcode cards with an Application for Certificate. It should be noted that business owners cannot perform electrical or plumbing work on their units. This work must be done by a licensed Electrician and/or licensed Plumber.

The appropriate inspections must take place in order for a CCO to be issued. Business should not be conducted until the CCO is obtained.