Howard Van Salisbury
Phone: (732) 446-8311
Fax: (732) 446-7998
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-4:30PM
The Tax Assessor is responsible for the fair assessment of all properties within Manalapan Township to provide for an equitable distribution of the tax burden.
The Tax Assessor does not collect tax payments.
Overview of the Tax Assessor’s Office
The Assessor’s Office, under the general direction of the Monmouth County Board of Taxation and the State Director of Taxation, undertakes the assessing activities of the Township as prescribed by law.
Responsibilities of the Assessor:
The assessor’s duties may be divided into these major functions:
1. Discovery and location of all real property and certain personal property used in business in the taxing district;
2. Listing and description of property in a systematic, convenient manner through MOD IV;
3. Determination of taxability based on a wide variety of tax exemption and tax deduction statutes;
4. Valuation of property through an appraisal of each property and an assessment based on that appraised value;
5. Tax equalization responsibilities via district revaluation programs and for purposes of distributing State Aid to schools;
6. Defense of assessments upon appeal.
TAX RATE AND RATIO HISTORY
|Fire District #1 Rate||2.053||2.055||2.067||2.066||2.042||2.064||2.120|
|Fire District #2 Rate||2.060||2.063||2.076||2.075||2.054||2.076||2.130|