Recreation Advisory Board
The Recreation Advisory Board consists of up to twelve members. Each member shall be a resident of the Township and be appointed by the Township Committee. The Board members shall be appointed to one-year terms. Appointments to fill vacancies shall be made in the same manner as original appointments, and all such appointments shall be for the unexpired term only. The members shall serve until their respective successors are appointed and qualified. The members shall receive no compensation for their services.
The Township Committee may appoint alternate members in the same manner as specified for regular members: one alternate shall be designated at the time of appointment as Alternate No. 1 and the second alternate as Alternate No. 2. Said alternates shall serve one-year terms. The Township Committee shall fill a vacancy occurring in the alternate’s position for the unexpired term only. Alternate members may participate in the discussion of the proceedings, but may not vote except in the absence or disqualification of a regular member of the Recreation Advisory Board. A vote shall not be delayed in order that a regular member may vote instead of an alternate member. In the event that a choice must be made as to which alternate is to vote, Alternate No. 1 shall vote.
The Board shall reorganize at its first regular meeting. The first regular meeting of the Board shall be held in the month of January of each calendar year. At the reorganization meeting, the voting members shall elect one of the voting members to serve as Chairperson for the Board for the calendar year in question. The Chairperson shall serve for the calendar year in question, or until a successor shall be elected and qualified.
- The Recreation Advisory Board shall, from time to time, report and/or make recommendations to the Mayor and Township Committee as to any matter involving all lands, playgrounds and recreation places acquired or leased by the Township. The Board shall, when necessary, consult with the Police Department of the Township and/or the Township Engineer as to such matters. The Board shall, in addition, investigate and report on any questions involving public recreation as may be from time to time requested by the Mayor and Committee.
- The Recreation Advisory Board shall, from time to time, report and/or make recommendations to the Mayor and Township Committee as to any matter involving recreation programming and activities, including any fees to be charged for sponsorship of or participation in any recreation programs and events.
- The Recreation Advisory Board shall, from time to time, report and/or make recommendations to the Mayor and Township Committee as to the proper staffing of recreation programs and events, including the duties and qualifications of the individuals to be employed in these programs.
The Recreation Advisory Board shall keep records of its meetings and activities and shall make an annual report to the Township Committee in December of each year.
- Peter Becker, Vice-Chairperson
- Diana Cochran
- Rebecca Ginsberg, Chairperson
- Jerry Maffia
- Brian Graime
- Michael Hammer
- Jamie Bruno
- Eric Winnegard (Alternate #1)
- Kevin Chester (Alternate #2)
Meeting Dates to be updated