Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee
The Veterans Committee meets the 2nd Monday of every month at 4:30pm in Room 216 of Town Hall.
Please click here for the Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee Pamphlet of Important Information
VETERAN SERVICE RESOURCE FAIR OCTOBER 25, 2023
Please click here to view a flyer about the Veteran Service Resource Fair happening Wednesday, October 25th from 1-4 pm at the Monmouth County Library Headquarters in Manalapan NJ.
Many organizations will be present to provide various information to Veterans.
Pre-registration is recommended but not required.
For more information, please contact Ken Brenzel at 732-308-3770 ext 2282
Manalapan Veterans Listen Up – Announcement #1 from the MVAAC
- Barry Barkin
- Thomas Bender
- Dennis Champ
- Lester Cohen
- John D’Amato
- Rachel Dawn Davis
- Ernest Diorio
- David Drummond
- Jill Drummond
- Bob Epstein
- Ed Fisher
- Anthony Fleres
- Bennett Gold
- Bruce Hewlett
- Leroy Hill
- Rev. Doug Hughes
- Alan Kloor
- Peter Kuhn
- Anthony Lordo
- Steve McEnery
- Jack McNaboe
- Jimmie Mesis
- Scott Meyers
- Ken Oexmann
- Bert Otero
- Bob Parella
- George Pinaro
- Leo Rosenzweig
- Allen Saltzman
- Randi Smaldone
- Samuel Stern
- Megan Szaloczy
- Jeffrey J. Weiss
The Township of Manalapan and the Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee (VAAC) of Manalapan Township hosted the first annual Veterans Day Ceremony at 11 am on November 11, 2014. The ceremony took place at the Memorial Monument in the arboretum at Town Hall. The ceremony was open to everyone and all Township Veterans were invited to attend this ceremony. A breakfast was held to to honor all Township Veterans following the Town Hall Courtroom.
Veteran Left on a Shelf
Please click here (https://youtu.be/EHK2VNCJcik to listen to a song written by Tom Phillips entitled “Veteran Left on a Shelf”. This song is about the interment service that was coordinated by the Vietname Veterans of America Shore Area Chapter 12, the Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office, and the Manalapan Police Department on June 23, 2021. The ceremony began here at Manalapan Town Hall and concluded at the Brigadier General William C Doyle Memorial Cemetery in Wrightstown NJ, where 23 Veterans were escorted to their final resting place.
In State Tuition For NJ Vets
Military veterans from all states will qualify for in-state tuition at New Jersey’s public college and universities under a new state law. The “New Jersey Tuition Equality for America’s Military (NJTEAM) Act” (A3967) implements a federal law requiring in-state tuition rates for recent veterans and expands it to include veteran’s spouses and children. Regardless of where they live, they will be considered New Jersey residents for tuition purposes. The law takes effect immediately.
The order process for the Manalapan Walk of Honor pavers:
The pavers can be ordered either by paper form, (click here for 4×8) (click here for 8×8), through various boxes near town hall, or from the administration office in town hall. Standard graphics can be found here.
The orders themselves are collected until a group of 5 orders are received, 5-4X8s or 5-8X8s. That group order is sent to the manufacturer who then generates an invoice which is paid by the township on approval of the Township Committee. Once paid the order is completed by the manufacturer in a time frame of 6 to 8 weeks. The pavers are then shipped to the township for placement in the Walk of Honor. The placements are performed by the Veterans Committee members.
You will be notified prior to the order being sent. The e-mail will show the details as to how the paver will look. Please check for correctness, spelling, dates, units and logo selected, etc. If you are satisfied, please reply with an OK or approved. If not, please supply corrections.
When the pavers arrive, they are inspected and placed by the Manalapan Veterans Committee. You will be informed of their arrival.
Any damaged or defective pavers will be returned to the manufacturer for replacement. This process can take as long as the original order.
All communication will be by e-mail so a written record is available.
Please see below a variety of information for Veterans.
Click on any link for additional details
- HAPPY SPRING – Militiary Tee Times: Introducing MilitaryTeeTimes.com, as a thank you to our men and women in uniform — both past and present Military.com has worked with golf courses across the nation and abroad to offer up to 15% off already reduced prices on select tee times.
- Veterans Affairs Health Care
- VA Wants To Make Claims Filing Faster and Easier
- Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 12 – Fishing Programs
- NJ Dept of Military and Veteran Affairs
- Project-Based Section 8 Housing Vouchers for Veterans
- VA Programs for Homeless Vets
- Advocates Push Local Healthcare for Veterans
- New law mandates all VA claims, appeals begin on standard forms, Effective Mar 24, 2015
- Motor Vehicle Commission Announces Veterans Designation for Drivers Licenses
- Bus Schedule for VA Hospital and Clinics
- VA Launches Community-Based Employment Services for Homeless Veterans
- VA Service Connected Disability Compensation Rate
- NJ National Guard Museum is Opened for the Summer
- PTSD Awareness
- Volunteer and Vietnam Veteran Wins Local Phase of National Writing Competition
- Route 35 Bridge Dedicated to Veterans