Visit the Eco Patio
The Manalapan Environmental Commission
The Eco Patio is an outdoor environmental education area at Manalapan Rec Center where you can enjoy nature and learn simple ways to help our planet. Stop by to look for butterflies, have a picnic, play on the patio, or take photos!
WHAT YOU’LL SEE
- A butterfly garden specialized to help save monarch butterflies
- A Rain Garden which helps protect water quality
- An Eco-friendly Patio: Designed to protect our local waterways by preventing storm water runoff
- Many pollinators can be spotted in the gardens
- Nature Murals
- Benches made of recycled plastic
- Educational Signage on a variety of environmental topics
- Coming Soon: Herb Garden!
- Coming Soon: Free Little Library!
BE A BUTTERFLY! Post your photos with #EcoPatioMTNJ
HOW TO VISIT
The Manalapan Recreation Center is located across the street from Manalapan Town Hall on Route 522 in Manalapan, NJ. Follow signs for Dreyer Parking Lot. Look for The Eco Patio at the far end of the parking lot, between the playground and the covered pavilion.
The Environmental Commission is grateful for the support of its many partners who helped to make the Eco Patio a reality.
Stephen Kristoph Nursery
Association of NJ Environmental Commissions
Junior ROTC of Colts Neck HS
Master Gardeners of Monmouth County
Manalapan Department of Public Works
Manalapan HS Environmental Club
Manalapan Administration Department
Families and individuals who volunteer to help tend the gardens
PLANT IT AND THEY WILL COME!
Plant milkweed or butterfly weed to help monarch butterflies! Here they are at the Eco Patio!