- Plan for trails - create safe sidewalks. Committee should submit report about sidewalks to enable walking to school safely. Get trails completed - follow plan. Ascertain school administration/board support for walking vs. busing.
- Determine how to handle NJ Transit issue. (Wait time for buses, additional buses needed?)
- Enhance Commuter Services and provide ways to expand commuter parking
- Review bus schedule - NJ Transit and Academy
- Check areas where signs are blocked by overgrowth
- Check list of where deer crossing signs are needed - recommend making them reflective
- Monitor unsafe roadways and intersections
The Transportation Committee consists of not more than nine residents of the Township, appointed by the Township Committee. The Transportation Committee shall annually select one of its members to serve as Chairman and presiding officer of the Committee. The terms of office of the Transportation Committeepersons shall be for one, two or three years, to be designated by the Township Committee in making the appointments, and their successors shall be appointed for terms of three years; provided, further, that the existing members of the Transportation Committee shall serve for the balance of their terms.
Vacancies in the membership of the Transportation Committee, occurring for whatever cause, shall be promptly filled by appointment by the Township Committee for the unexpired terms thereof. Members shall serve for their respective terms and until their successors are appointed and qualified. The members shall receive no compensation for their services.
The Committee shall study and make recommendations regarding problems involving transportation affecting Township residents and undertake such projects as requested by the Township Committee.
- John Castronovo
- Jack Friedman
- Helene Greenstein
- Susan Hergenrother
- Barry Jacobson
- Martin Mabe - Chairman
- Anthony Musich - Liaison to Monmouth County Transportation Council
- Andrew Pisani
Deputy Mayor Jack McNaboe Liaison