Manalapan Township Garbage and Recycling Information
- As of April 5th, 2021, garbage will be collected once a week. Please see the attached map for your scheduled collection day.
- Recycling will now be collected every other Wednesday. Please click here to view your new schedule.
- Roselle/Suburban Disposal will remain our garbage hauler.
- You are permitted to put out four – 64 gallon containers.
- Brush & tree limbs will still be collected; must be tied securely; 4ft max length, 50lb weight limit.
- Two bulk items will be collected on your last collection day of the month.
- Items NOT collected curbside include televisions, computer monitors, metal and white goods (ie. refrigerators, washers & dryers). These items can be brought to the Public Works Recycling Yard.
- The garbage contract includes 3 holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Years’ Day
- Garbage will be collected for all residents on the Friday after Thanksgiving. *For 2021/2022 the Christmas and New Year Holiday fall on the weekend so garbage will be collected as scheduled.
- Again, recycling will now be collected every other week on Wednesday.
For those with Monday or Thursday collection, your recycling collection will begin April 7th.
For those with Tuesday or Friday collection, your recycling collection will begin April 14th.
- You can also bring your recycling to the Manalapan Township Recycling Center locatedat 207 Route 522 from 7am-2pm Monday through Saturday. Recycling must be separated.
- Items collected at curbside are pourable plastic # 1 and 2; glass bottles, tin cans lightly rinsed, cardboard, and newspapers. Please visit the Township website WWW.MTNJ.ORG for specific details. You will see the link to the RECYCLE COACH APP which is full of information on Recycling in Manalapan Township.
- Plastic bags will not be accepted, but there is no limit to the number of receptacles you can put out.
- All garbage and recycling should be placed curbside the night before, or prior to 6am.
- Suburban Disposal our current contractor will be offering a subscription service for any resident interested in paying them directly for a 2nd collection each week. You can call them directly at 973-227-7020 and visit https://www.suburbandisposalinc.com/manalapan for the cost of the service.
- Kindly contact our Public Works Department Recycling Yard at 732-446-8404 if you have any questions or email Mayor@mtnj.org.