A MESSAGE FROM JCP&L:
Receive $100 when you recycle your fridge or freezer with Jersey Central Power & Light’s Appliance Recycling Program.
Have an older, working fridge or freezer using energy in your garage or basement? While it may provide additional storage, it’s not worth the additional cost on your electric bill. By recycling your old appliance, you can save over $100* per year in energy costs, and for a limited time we’ll give you $100!**** We make it easy for you to save the environment… and add money in your wallet.
Plus, recycle a working air conditioner or dehumidifier along with a qualifying refrigerator or freezer and you’ll receive an additional $35***per unit.
To schedule a pick up, call 1-888-740-8005
- Must be an electric customer of Jersey Central Power & Light
- You must own the appliance(s)
- Refrigerators and freezers must be 10 – 30 cu. ft., plugged in, and operating (cooling) at the time of the scheduled pickup
- Limit of two refrigerators/freezers plus up to three air conditioners/dehumidifiers per calendar year***
- Your incentive check will be mailed to you within four weeks after pickup of appliance(s)
- Please note that this is NOT an appliance replacement program. Your old appliance will be removed and recycled in an environmentally friendly manner and will not be replaced with a new appliance.