Get $50 when you recycle your working fridge or freezer with Jersey Central Power & Light’s Appliance Recycling Program.
Have an older, working fridge or freezer hogging energy in your garage or basement? While it may provide additional storage, it’s not worth the additional cost on your electric bill. By recycling your old appliance, you can save over $100* per year in energy costs, and JCP&L will give you $50! We make it easy for you to save the environment…and your wallet.
Plus, recycle a working air conditioner or dehumidifier along with a qualifying refrigerator or freezer and you’ll get an additional $25 per unit.
Call 1-888-740-8005 to schedule a pick up.
- Must be an electric customer of Jersey Central Power & Light
- You must own the appliance(s)
- Refrigerators and freezers must be 10 – 30 cu. ft., plugged in, and operating (cooling) at the time of the scheduled pickup
- Limit of two refrigerators/freezers plus up to two air conditioners/dehumidifiers per calendar year**
- Your incentive check will be mailed to you within four weeks after pickup of appliance(s)
- Please note that this is NOT an appliance replacement program. Your old appliance will be removed and recycled in an environmentally friendly manner and will not be replaced with a new appliance.
For information on where to locally recycle appliances and electronics not eligible for this program, please visit Earth911.com
Costs of these programs may be recovered through customer rates in accordance with New Jersey law. For a complete list of commercial, industrial, residential and low-income energy efficiency programs, please visit energysaveNJ.com.
*Savings estimated using the Refrigerator Retirement Savings Calculator provided by ENERGY STAR®.
**Room air conditioners and dehumidifiers must be recycled in conjunction with a qualifying refrigerator or freezer.
***This is a link to a third-party site. The site is maintained by the third-party vendors administering these programs on behalf of Jersey Central Power & Light (FirstEnergy’s New Jersey utility).