Shade Tree Committee
- Write a new Community Forestry Management Plan
- Apply for State Grants, specifically Hazardous Tree Removal
- Comply with State Continuing Education Credits
- Apply for Tree City USA (20th year)
- Revise Shade Tree Website
- Contribute Information to the Residents Guide
- Have an annual Arbor Day planting at Thompson Grove Park
- Form a Shade Tree Ordinance Sub-Committee
- Community Outreach - Seedling distribution to Western Monmouth YMCA, MEMS Civics Program, Clark Mills 1st Graders Seedling Program, Wemrock Brook 5th grade AT students presentation of Licenses Tree Expert Bill, representation at Manalapan Day
The Shade Tree Committee consists of seven members. Each member shall be a resident of the Township and be appointed by the Township Committee. The members shall be appointed to one-year terms. Appointments to fill vacancies shall be made in the same manner as original appointments, and all such appointments shall be for the unexpired term only. The members shall serve until their respective successors are appointed and qualified. The members shall receive no compensation for their services.
The Township Committee may appoint an alternate member in the same manner as specified for regular members. One alternate shall be designated at the time of appointment and shall serve a one-year term. A vacancy occurring in the alternate's position shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment and shall be for the unexpired term only.
The Shade Tree Committee shall advise the Township Committee concerning:
- The regulation, planting and care of shade and ornamental trees and shrubbery now located or which may hereafter be planted in any public highway, park or parkway, including the planting, trimming and spraying, care and protection thereof.
- The regulation and control of the use of the ground surrounding the same so far as may be necessary for the proper growth, care and protection thereof.
- Moving or requiring the removal of any tree or part thereof dangerous to public safety.
- Measures and programs for the beautification of the Township.
- Robert Plaza
- Joanne Guerron
- Joseph Cangalosi
- John Basselini
- Beth Ann Fazlibegu, Chairperson
- Louise Lang
- Robert Eckhoff
- Shari Grant
- Robert Plaza